Blogs are used every day to help generate interest from readers and to communicate important information to them in an appealing way. However, while everyone can blog, not everyone can generate a powerful blogging experience that resonates with their readership. If you feel you’re lacking when it comes to your blog, this expert guide will give you a rundown of the top techniques that you can use to create a much more powerful and more enjoyable blogging experience for readers.
Best Ways To Give Readers A Great Blogging Experience
- Research Your Audience
The number one way to give your readers a powerful blogging experience is by understanding who your audience is. This can be done by researching your audience and what they may be looking for in your industry niche. How can this be done you ask? One of the best ways to do this is through the use of the Google Keyword Planner or Google search bar.
Google Search – When using Google search bar you’ll find that it will come up with automated suggestions. These are generally based on the most popular search results that have been searched over time. This is great for helping you to find possible topics to write about and answer for your readership.
Google Keyword Planner – Google Keyword Planner is another great option that can help to identify key topics that you can write about. When you check for keywords around a selected topic of choice you’ll find a list of the most searched for the month. This will indicate what people are searching for which can help you to plan your content better.
Researching your audience and what they’re looking for is a great way to help bring a better reading experience to your audience. If you take the time to really improve your content and the topics you choose you’ll be able to give them the answers they’ve been looking for.
- Deliver Professional Quality Content
Many blogging websites tend to think they need more blogs than good quality blogs. In reality however, this isn’t true. If you have content that is in depth and delivers the right information to your readership, you don’t have to worry about whether you have hundreds of articles on your website. So how do you create content that is professional and of the highest quality. Here’s some key rules to deliver professional quality content for your readership.
- It should be easy to read and easy to understand. Write for people not search engines.
- Check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Mistakes make your content appear unprofessional and lowers your reputation as a source of quality content.
- The topic you’re writing about needs to be of value to your readership. It should be highly informative and needs to answer the question that your readers want answers to. They should be able to take some helpful hints and use them in their own everyday life.
- Write around 1000+ words when developing content. This allows for you to give sufficient information that is helpful to your readers.
- Use catchy headlines to help gain their interest. The headline shouldn’t be misleading and should be what the content is about. Use power words to help give your headlines more depth and detail. For example: ‘How To Be A Successful Millionaire’ isn’t as powerful as ‘Powerful Techniques All Millionaires Use To Be Successful’.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Great quality content will rank just as well if you don’t have keywords stuffed right throughout the content.
- Make the content appealing by breaking up large text. Use bullet points, paragraphing and subheadings to help even out the text to create a healthy balance of white space and text.
- Use a professional font that helps to give your content a voice. Times New Roman is one that offers a professional look for any piece of content.
For any blog, quality content is the overall foundation of its success. By considering these tips you can build powerful content that really does drive the interaction and powerful blogging experience for your readership.
- Enrich With Images
People are visual in many regards. We like to see colours and patterns. To help bring more appeal to your website it’s important to enrich your blog with images that highlight and compliment. Here’s some things to remember when you’re searching and adding images to your blog.
- Always use images that are copyright free to use. You can find many sites that offer images such as this which include ShutterStock, iStock, an Pixabay. Some sites do charge however, so keep this in mind.
- If your content is 500 words or less, use one image. If it’s over this use two images. Work on 1 image per 500 words as a guideline.
- Use relevant images to the content you’re writing about. If you’re writing about a cat don’t place dog images on the post.
- For more high tech article use screenshots to help readers understand what you’re saying and how they can complete a task you’re describing. This can be very valuable to your readership.
Images are vitally important to ensure the overall blog experience. Remember you have three seconds to catch your readers attention, images can do just that.
Giving your readers a powerful blogging experience is all about the content your write, how you research your audience and how you present the text. Making everything professional, easy to read, and visually appealing will go a long way on getting the results you’re after. Are you ready to improve your readers blog experience?
Aaron is the co-founder of Studio 56 and is a passionate digital marketing expert who has worked with some of the largest digital marketing agencies in Australia. He has been working in the digital marketing field for ten years. Aaron loves to travel the world to not only enhance his cultural experiences but learn and enhance his skills in the digital marketing industry. He is dedicated to helping others reach their online marketing goals.